Google
 

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

From Cattholic to Wiccan Part II

Hey! Since my story got interrupted last night, I'll continue where I left off. As I was saying, I was beginning to wonder if Catholicism was the right path for me. Now let me make it clear that I have no problem with the religion. I do not feel that Catholics are bad people or even that every Catholic is judgmental of other religions, in fact some of my best friends are Catholic. There are good and bad people in every faith. If a person truly believes the Catholic teachings and lives accordingly then they are a good person and I'm sure they have a very real and special relationship with the Lord. However, my mother and I were not able to find the answers that we personally sought within the teachings of this religion. We began to look at other religions, but found that many of them shared the same belief that their way was the only right way. Again, I do not feel that the religous teaching of these religions were wrong. Who am I to judge which belief is correct and which is not? I was just bothered by the rigid mind set expressed by the leaders of the religion. Quite by accident, my mother and I came across a book about Witchcraft. We realized it made sense to us. We continued researching the topic and the more we read the more we felt that the Wiccan path was the right one for us. We liked the open mindedness and fluidity of the religion. It seemed that Wicca could expand to encompass personal beliefs and values. Wicca encourages it's followers to ask questions and to make their own judgment calls which was very important to myself and my mom. We also liked the way Witchcraft handled the concept of duality....God/Goddess...male/female...dark/light....physical spiritual etc. In our eye, the main idea behind the Wiccan faith is that each individual is responsible for his or her own relationship with the deity. This relationship is interactive and each relationship is as unique as the individual involved. This is a principle that both my mother and I strongly agree with. And that dear readers, is why I became a Wiccan. Gotta run now, talk to you again tomorrow :).

No comments: