Google
 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Triple Goddess

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hi there! Hope everyone is doing well. The next couple of nights (maybe even weeks lol)I would like to discuss some key ideas in the Wiccan religion. For some of you this may be repetitive for this is mostly common knowledge. However, I would like everyone, even those completely unfamiliar with witchcraft to understand the main ideas that will be included in later blogs. So even though these topics may cover things you already know, please bear with me. For tonight's post I'd like to address the Triple Goddess. Wiccans see the Goddess as having 3 parts; maiden, mother and crone. Each stage leads into the next forming an eternal circle where the maiden conceives a child and becomes the mother who then ages into the crone who then dies and is reborn again as the maiden. The cycles of the moon and season are symbolized by these different parts of the Goddess. Each aspect has her own personality traits and powers. I'll devote a blog to each section of the Goddess and get into more specifics within the next 3 nights. For now though, I have a college paper to write so unfortunately I have to go. Be back tomorrow night :).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: