Google
 

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Broomsticks...not just for flying :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So, in between the million other things I was doing today, I found myself sweeping my kitchen floor. As I was doing this basic, slightly boring chore I started to think about how closely Wicca winds its way around my life. Even the simplest things canhave meaning. The brrom for instance. A normal, ordinary broom. Brooms are quite possibly the oldest magical tool. Though I have yet to gain the ability to fly on one, they do have other uses. Ofen they are used to cleanse areas of negative energy...you sweep out the bad. Early Americans that practiced magic used brooms to communicate with eachother. The positining of a broom in front of your house told neighbors and friends where you were. A broom leaning against a closed door with the bristles up meant "not home," bristles down meant "I'm home," a broom lying down meant "busy come back later," and bristles up over a window meant "ne nack soon come in and wait." The broom has 3 parts handle, brush, and binding which are symbolic of the three aspects of the Triple Goddess. Brooms can be store bought or hand made. Well, thats all for tonight...be back tomorrow :)

4 comments:

SubtleScream said...

Hey, SubtleScream here. I'm interested in all religeons, and might even hold some debates on my political blog when I gain readers. Please watch my blog, and I'll watch yours! =)

Simon said...

Thanks for the info. It will come handy when Halloween comes.

DubLiMan said...

Honest feedback:
1. - You need more contract...blue on blue doesn't cut it.
2. - Dump the italics, the print needs to be easy to read.
3. - You need pics.
4. - A little animation might help as well.
5. - You want to be able to compel people to read further.

This link may help:
http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/07/bloggers-corner-index.html
The "14 Rules" link might be very helpful for you.

Dehlia said...

subtlescream...I will deffinately watch your blog and I hope mine continues to intrest you..thanks for the support :)

neoauteur....glad to be of service :)

monday morning power... thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it and will keep those tips in mind :)